Energy Assessments

Why Do I Need One?

It is a legal requirement to have a valid Energy Performance Certificate when a property is to be sold, rented or constructed. An EPC must be carried out by an accredited DEA (Domestic Energy Assessor) NDEA (Non-Domestic Energy Assessor) OCDEA (On Construction Energy Assessor). Surveys are non-invasive and visual inspection is all that is required, time scale vary between properties.

Floor Plans

A floor-plan typically illustrates the location of walls, windows, doors, stairs and fixed installations such as worktops, bathrooms, WC, wardrobes and cupboards (please note the floor-plans are not to scale). Plans will also indicate the room types, room sizes (if needed). Common uses for the floor-plans are selling + letting purposes and can be accompanied with building surveys…

MEES (Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards)

From the 1st April 2018 all private rented properties must achieve an energy efficiency rating of at least an E on their EPC, to meet the minimum standards. This will initially only apply upon the granting of a new tenancy to a new or existing tenant.

Landlords will need to take action to avoid any non-compliance penalties

Exemption Letters

The Minimum Energy Efficiency Regulations (MEES) apply to all privately rented properties in England and Wales which are legally required to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). Exemptions must be registered to the Private Rented Sector (PRS) by the landlord before it can be relied on…

Coronavirus Statement

Please look at our ‘News’ section to see our ‘Covid-19 householder Policy’.