Domestic EPC

Energy Performance Certificates were introduced in 2007 and are a legal requirement for a building to be sold, let or constructed. Once obtained, an EPC is valid for 10 years.  You must get an accredited Domestic / Commercial Energy Assessor to produce the EPC, which provides information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs. EPCs need to be available for selling for potential buyers, selling agent and letting purposes for the existing tenants.

The energy assessor will need to access all rooms as well as the loft. They are also required to inspect heating systems and controls, take measurements and take photographs of all key data included in the survey. EPCs needs to be available to potential buyers as soon as you start to market your property for sale or rent. This will inform people how energy efficient the property is, including any potential savings on fuel payments.

When a dwelling is created via new construction, conversion or change of use of an existing building, a full SAP Energy Certificate is required, but for existing domestic properties a reduced SAP (RdSAP) EPC is created. (Newly constructed after 6th April 2008).

EPCs for existing buildings must be produced by an accredited Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) and for new buildings by an On-Construction Domestic Energy Assessor (OCDEA).

Contact us to provide your Energy Performance Certificate.

Coronavirus Statement

Please look at our ‘News’ section to see our ‘Covid-19 householder Policy’.